Lewie Street, Gilbert
Date of Founding
Date of Photograph
Lewie Chapel, a Methodist church founded in the 1870s by Solomon R. Lewie (1835-1878) and others, was later known as Lewiedale Methodist Church and after 1910 as Gilbert Methodist Church. The original sanctuary, replaced in 1960 by a new sanctuary about 1 mile West, burned in the early 1970s.
SC Department of Archives and History
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License