Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

3050 Leaphart Road, West Columbia

City

Lexington

County

Lexington

Date of Founding

1800

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

Mount Hebron was organized in 1800 in the home of a German settler by the name of Martin Hook. Rev. Henry Sechrist, a pioneer Methodist preacher, led the organization. A small log house was build at Half-Way Ground, between Granby and Kennerly’s Ferry on the Saluda River. In 1837, John and Elizabeth Roof gave four acres of land for the purpose of erecting a new sanctuary. This building was used until 1907, when a second church was constructed. The current sanctuary was constructed in 1963. Source: SCDAH

Source

United Methodist Historic Site

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS