Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

1355 Main Street, Bennettsville

City

Bennettsville

County

Marlboro

Date of Founding

1834

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

The first Methodist meeting house in Marlboro County – built in the 1780s – was located at Beauty Spot 2 miles north of the present church. The first church on this site was completed in 1834, with a third being erected in 1871. The Renaissance architecture of the present brick church dates from 1900 and was renovated in 1955-56 and 2006. Source: NRHP

Source

National Register of Historic Places

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS