Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

Approximately 3.5 miles Southeast of Silverstreet on Road 83

City

Silverstreet

County

Newberry

Date of Founding

1820

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

Once housing a school for area students, New Chapel was located close to the Saluda River. The congregation moved to this site after Isaac Herbert, a member of the S.C. House of Representatives (1844-45) donated the land in 1833. The present building was constructed in 1879. Source: SCDAH

Source

SC Department of Archives and History

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS