Magnolia Street, Orangeburg
Date of Founding
Date of Photograph
The Claflin College Historic District is composed of five educational buildings constructed between 1898 and ca. 1915 in the historic core of the Claflin College campus. The district is significant for its association with the important contributions of the college to African-American education in South Carolina in the early 20th century and is architecturally significant as an intact collection of early 20th-century educational buildings.
SC Department of Archives and History
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License