Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

4600 Daniel Drive, Columbia

City

Columbia

County

Richland

Date of Founding

1835

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

This church was organized in 1835 in what was then rural Richland District. The first sanctuary here, built soon afterward, burned in a forest fire in 1867. The cemetery dates from as early as 1862. The second sanctuary, built in 1868, was remodeled about 1890. As Forest Acres grew after World War II, the church expanded and built its first brick sanctuary in 1948. The present church was built in 1964. Source: SCDAH

Source

SC Department of Archives and History

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS