Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

2000 Cades Road, Cades

City

Cades

County

Williamsburg

Date of Founding

1879

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

Bethesda Methodist Church, founded in 1879, was organized in a brush arbor. Its first permanent church, a one-room sanctuary built about 1884, stood ¼ mile west. The congregation bought a two-acre site here in 1893 and soon built a one-room frame church. The church was rebuilt in 1971, during the pastorate of Rev. J.B. Bowen. Source: SCDAH

Source

SC Department of Archives and History

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS