Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

22 East Liberty, York

City

York

County

York

Date of Founding

1824

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

Organized in 1824 by Revs. William Gassaway and Joseph Holmes, Trinity is the oldest Methodist Episcopal Church, South, (now UMC) in York County. The original building was erected on College Street in 1826. The first Sunday School in York County was organized at Trinity on March 2, 1829, by James Jefferys. Source: SCDAH

Source

National Register of Historic Places

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS