Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

S.C. 27 (about 2.5 miles south of Highway 176)

City

Berkeley

County

Berkeley

Date of Founding

1800

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

According to tradition, Methodists worshiped here under a brush arbor as early as 1800. On August 2, 1814, Phillip Keller deeded one acre for a Methodist Church and burying ground. Eden and Rebecca Green Thrower deeded an additional acre in 1839. A new wooden structure replaced the original building in 1846-47. Source SCDAH

Source

SC Department of Archives and History

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS