Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

US 176 (2.5 miles South of Cameron on Jericho Road), Cameron

City

Cameron

County

Calhoun

Date of Founding

1811

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

Bishop Francis Asbury stopped in this region in 1801 and 1803. About 1811, a congregation was organized, and by 1815 Jericho Meeting House was standing on land given by Jacob Felkel. The present building was erected before 1850. A low partition separating the men and women and a slave gallery were removed in 1890, and a porch was added. Two annexes were built later. Source: SCDAH

Source

SC Department of Archives and History

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS