Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

S.C. 33 (3 miles Northeast of Cameron), Cameron

City

Cameron

County

Calhoun

Date of Founding

1800

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

Shady Grove Methodist Church was an outgrowth of Tabernacle Church, the parent Methodist body in this area. It was built in the early 1800s on land of Adam Holman, has a framework of hewn logs held together with wooden pegs, and has been remodeled three times. Ministers of the Orangeburg Circuit, St. Matthews Circuit and Cameron Circuit have served Shady Grove. Source: SCDAH

Source

SC Department of Archives and History

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS