Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

122 St. John’s Street, Darlington

City

Darlington

County

Darlington

Date of Founding

1834

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

Part of the St. John’s Historical District, Trinity’s first building was located at 122 St. John’s Street. Built around 1834, it was a two-story frame building with weatherboard siding and a gable roof. It is now a private residence. The original steeple, front porch and columns have been removed. Located nearby at the corner of Orange and Wells Streets is the Methodist Cemetery, which contains about 65 graves, including many of the area’s first residents and several Methodist ministers. The current Trinity UMC was constructed in 1901 and is located at 122 Church Street. Source: NRHP

Source

National Register of Historic Places

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS