Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

Marion and Church Streets, Latta

City

Latta

County

Dillon

Date of Founding

1908

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

Located within the Latta Historical District, this one-story, rectangular blonde-brick church was built in 1908. Wall pilasters ending in wall stacks give a crenellated effect to the flat roof. The gable-roofed portico across the façade is supported by four large Ionic columns. The portico has a dentil cornice in the entablature and also a raking dentil cornice. The façade features double-door entrances with semicircular stained glass fan lights flanking a large round-arched stained-glass window. One-story brick wings with wall pilasters and stacks, a brick dentil cornice, and stained-glass windows extend beyond the main portion of the building. A one-story addition has been made to the rear of the church. Source: NRHP

Source

National Register of Historic Places

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS