Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

901 Highmarket Street, Georgetown

City

Georgetown

County

Georgetown

Date of Founding

1785

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

The cornerstone for the new sanctuary was laid in September 1901 and was engraved “Duncan M.E. South, 1901,” reflecting the high regard members had for Rev. Duncan. The first service was held in the new sanctuary in September 1902, and the dedication service was held in January 1903. The total cost of the church was $15,000. Source: UMC, SCDAH; Duncan Memorial web site (www.duncanumc.com)

Source

United Methodist Historic Site

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS