Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

U.S. Highway 17A, Sampit

City

Georgetown

County

Georgetown

Date of Founding

1786

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

The sanctuary, built by the time the congregation acquired this site in 1887, was originally a frame church. It was extensively renovated in 1959-60 and completely covered in brick in 1975-76. Three members of the church later became Methodist ministers: Revs. C.D. Huggins, Jack D. Watts and John Paul Watts Sr. Sampit is also the mother church of Oak Grove Methodist Church, founded in 1890. Source: SCDAH

Source

SC Department of Archives and History

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS