Creator

James A. Neal

Preview

image preview

Location

Intersection of Roads 68 & 69 near Fork Shoals

City

Fork Shoals

County

Greenville

Date of Founding

1790

Date of Photograph

1-1-2014

Description

Originally named The Grove, the first building was located about 1.4 miles east of the present site. It was visited by Bishop Francis Asbury in 1790 and 1800. The present sanctuary was erected on this site in the 1850s. At that time, the name was changed from Grove to Lebanon. Source: SCDAH

Source

SC Department of Archives and History

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License

Share

COinS